Join us for the first Intel code&tell meetup at Sandbox Suites South Park! Come with your programming appetite and bring your hacks. We’ll have a few short code demonstrations, raffle and of course pizza and beer; if you are up to plug your computer and give a technical demo to the rest of the group let us know – we have a few more spots left.
*Update – we’ve filled all demo spots for our December meetup, however we’re already planning our January event so there’ll be more opportunities to present.
1 high speed high capacity Intel SSD http://amzn.to/SnmRRw
1 mid capacity Intel SSD http://amzn.to/TkUId4
2 Perceptual Computing cameras
3 Intel swag bundles
7PM | Opening
7:30PM | Code Demos:
1. Bob Duffy will be doing a quick demo of his HTML5 vector based game and show how he added device touch, tilt and rotation input controls via WinRT APIs.
2. Gilles de Bordeaux will demo his new windows 8 app and show the power of the standard Windows 8 templates in Visual Studio 2012.
3. Raimo Tuisku will give a presentation, demo and architectural description of a real-time ball in a maze game Velomazecontrolled with an accelerometer API of modern HTML5 browsers
5. Giorgio Zamparelli will be demoing his Android app Famenu(work in progress) and talk about the open source frameworks he used to put it together
6. Gayathri will demo a photo app showcasing pinch, zoom and swipe gestures. Ambient light sensor, orientation sensor and accelerometer. She will also talk about a good UI design for touch interfaces. *We will also get to see a Perceptual Computing demoby Gayathri at the Ultrabooks sandbox during the break.
8:30PM | Pizza break and time to play with the new Ultrabooks!
9PM | More Code Demos:
1. Bruno Terkaly will present two projects: an Azure back-end webservice that made calls into Google maps to retrieve geo-location information. The second project is a Windows 8 application that calls into the Azure cloud service, passing in GPS coordinates.When the cloud service received the coordinates, it used Google maps to give more details about the location to the Windows 8 application.
2. Chris Skaggs (Soma Games) will demo their Wind Up Footballgame using all the bells and whistles of the Ultrabook. He could speak to anyone wanting to use Unity as tool for development on Win 8 and the Ultrabook.
3. Giacomo Balli will be demoing his Coin Toss Extreme game; built entirely in HTML5 he’ll go through all aspects of it and share code snippets.
4. James Edwards will be showing a practical use for variadic templates with a safe printf example. Also touches on type traits.
9:45PM | Raffle and Giveaways
10PM | Closing
Feel free to use #ultracode on twitter.
We look forward to seeing you all there!